How To Install WordPress Themes
Hi! If you’re here than you’ve either…
Downloaded a Free WordPress Blog Theme and have 10 minutes available right now to set it up
On the fence about moving to WordPress and are worried about the technical aspect of setting up a theme on your own.
Whatever it is…No worries…Welcome!
I’ve got you covered!
Below please find the installation instructional video that walks you through setup.
Setting up a WordPress Theme created by me only takes an estimated 10 minutes.
Perfect for blogging parents with a busy schedule.
You can also check out the written instructions below!
Instructions For Installing The Theme.
- Unzip the file you downloaded at purchase.
- From WordPress DashBoard go to Appearances > Themes.
- Click Install Theme.
- Click Upload.
- Click Browse.
- Navigate to the folder that was packaged in the zip file.
- Choose the Zip file sitting in that folder. Click Open or OK.
- Click install.
- Click Activate.
At this point, if you’re installing on an existing WordPress Blog, you’ll want to Navigate to Menus and reload your menu and click Save.
Instructions For Installing and Activating the Plugins to Replicate the Demo Site.
- From the WordPress Dashboard, Plugins > Add New.
- Enter WP Profiles Install in the search box.
- Install the plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Head over to Plugin> Bulk Install Profiles.
- Import column, at the Import new profile field, Click Browse and navigate to the folder that was packaged in the zip file.
- Choose VsThemes.profile. Click ok. Click Upload.
- Once you receive the confirmation in the top right hand corner of the dialog box that the profile has been load, scroll down to the Download Plugins column and choose VsThemes from the drop down menu.
- Scroll down further and click Download Plugins and Save Profile.
- Once the plugins are installed, take note of the plugins listed in the confirmation window on the top and then click Visit Plugins Page.
- Check the boxes for each plugin just installed and choose activated from the Action Drop Down Menu.
Instructions For Configuring the Plugins.
- Within the folder that you downloaded, there’s a screenshot named Fonts.png. Open this screenshot and take note of the very first font enabled.
- From the WP Dashboard > Appearance > Fonts
- Choose the font noted in the screenshot. Check the Enabled checkbox. Click Save.
- Within the folder that you downloaded, there’s a folder named “unpointzero slider”, open the screenshot ending in 1.png (for example TealLove1.png). Take note of the width and height dimensions in the “Width size ( in PX ) of the front image” and “Height size ( in PX ) of the front image” fields.
- From the WP Dashboard > Settings > UnpointZero Slider. Click Display Setting link. Scroll to the “Width size ( in PX ) of the front image” and “Height size ( in PX ) of the front image” fields and enter the dimensions from the screenshot.
- Click update options.
- Click Automatic CSS resizing link. Scroll to “Desired slider width” field and enter the width dimension you entered in the Display Setting screen.
- Click update options.
- When publishing a new post or updating old posts that you’d like listed in the slider, just add a “featured Image” that’s equivalent to or bigger than the slider size (“Width size ( in PX ) of the front image” and “Height size ( in PX ) of the front image” fields)
Special Recent Posts Widget and Vertical Menu.
Appearances > Widgets
Grab the widgets from the Available Widgets Area individually and place them in the Primary Widget Area Column.
Here are the setting I recommend:
Special Recent Posts Widget: (If you check display Thumbnail, the picture used will be the same picture chosen as the Featured Image for the post)
Vertical menu (you can chose category, pages or a custom menu created under Appearances > Menus)
How to add your custom header image or logo and widgets to the header area
And that’s it folks!