Here’s How To Rank In Google For Halloween
And don’t go thinking Halloween is a rinky dinky holiday, nothing compared to Christmas.
There are a lot of people searching for halloween specific topics.
I decided to play with the word Halloween while keyword researching (which lead to me asking around) and really i was shocked to see what I found.
823,000 people in the USA alone were looking for costume ideas.
of course that can range from adults to kids.
let’s find some that apply to what I, as a mom, would be looking for during Halloween.
crafts for kids: 49k global, 33k in the USA
crafts specifically for preschoolers: 9k global 8K in the USA
treats: 74K global 60K USA
treat recipes: 5400 global 4400 USA
recipes: 165k global 135k USA
These are research based numbers (though not the exact terms), pulled from google.
I saw this and frankly I was astounded.
Then I evaluated the competition and realized Hot Damn!
I can rank on page one for maybe 20 specific terms for Halloween if I wrote the posts.
A full month!
I realized I have no skills in any of these areas.
What I’ve learned about crafts and cooking, I’ve learned from fellow mom bloggers.
I have no damn skills of my own.
Heck I burned my coffee this morning.
Oh God Help Me.
So I figured, why not tell you guys?
I asked a few fellow mom bloggers last night via DM what their traffic was like during halloween last year and I got a resounding “EH”. I asked for a few links and looked at the posts and promised to post an outline of what I would do.
So… here’s the outline of what I would do to hit page one if I had any cooking and crafting skills.
- I would not wait for Halloween to do this. I would start at least the 1st week of October.
- Decide on what kick ass skills (besides search engine marketing) I can apply to halloween. Cooking, Crafts, Sewing.
- Do my keyword research.
- Evaluate my competition.
- Keep a list of what I need to beat the competition.
- Write my review post. SEO it properly. (this doesn’t just mean using a seo plugin)
- Those posts that have the potential of being really long…I’d split in two and promise to share the 2nd post Halloween week. When that post is up, I’d go back to the first post and add the link. But I would be nice. I wouldn’t start a post on how to make a certain kinda costume and make my momma reader wait until Halloween to finish it. Oh hell no. I would probably do a costume post and then tempt the reader to signup for my rss feed so they won’t miss my special treats post.
- Publish that puppy!
- Submit it to Google.
- Share it with my social media peeps.
- Return to step one and start on the next post.
And that’s it!
Seriously, if you take a real good look at your competition and see where they’re lacking, you can kick ass.
By the way, past students and current students, I’m going to create an extra special advanced video on competition evaluation for you guys tomorrow, so look out for that course email! You guys can ROCK THIS. AND I’m going to create the video specifically on this search topic so you can see all the info i stated above!
And if you’re not a student and aren’t familiar with some of the above, no worries, Imma hook you up girl.
To take the class and Rock like my students do, head to this page and read current testimonials, watch the 6 minute video to get a taste of what a class is like.
Then, if you’re interested, head to this page, watch the ten minute video to see examples of me on page one of google, read the testimonials on that page and the course outline and if you want to rock with us, and learn how to kick ass on any subject, for a limited time, enter this code at checkout for $60 off. code: SAVE60BUCKS
Only those who want to increase traffic to their blog and/or generate an income from their affiliate links, who are on wordpress self hosted, will benefit from this program.
BTW, if you kick ass at skills that can be applied to Halloween, and would like to guest post for me, I’d happily take 4 posts for October. Just email me. Your skills and words coupled with my search engine marketing skills…we could kick ass.
Also? With so many sound testimonials, I’m opening up the affiliates program to everyone. I’m paying $10 per signup. You can grab a badge for your sidebar and signup as an affiliate here. If you’re a past student, you get the added bonus of permission to write a review post, a coupon code to give your readers and a $50 bonus for 5 signups per class.